Monday, December 14

Sometimes It's the Little Things....

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

,السلام عليكم
First things first, I would like to thank you all for giving such an extensive response to my cluelessness to make the decision to either stay at Al-Amin or go to MRSM if I eve get the letter. For now, my decision is to go to MRSM. If you're asking why, it's for the the future. It's with a heavy heart I choose to leave Al-Amin but sometimes I have to think for the future, Al-Amin sadly doesn't give scholarships and frankly today, going to a university isn't cheap.

Okay, moving on to my post.
I'm sure some of you may have heard this story, I got it from my Umrah trip.

A student of Imam Malik once dreamed of his teacher. The student asked Imam Malik whether he is in Jannah or Naar. Imam Malik replied he is in Jannah. The student asked him oncemore; "Did you go to Jannah because of your deeds?".
Imam Malik answered "No, I did not go to Jannah because of my deeds, but because of Allah's mercy. One day when I was writing, a fly perched on my inkpot and drank the ink, I wanted to swat it away, but out of sympathy I held back and let it go. Allah had seen me do this, and rewarding me with Jannah with His Mercy. "

So that's the story. There's nothing much to say here as the story is very straightforward, but I want to wrap up the post. Okay here it is; Sometimes, it's the little things that we do out of compassion and never thought of it as a deed, just something nice to do that get the big thumbs up from our Lord. So to you reading this and I, let this be a lesson, be good at everything and hope for Allah's compassion, even in the little things that we do.
السلام عليكم

4 comments:

Isyraf Imrani said...

Salam,, maknanya kita ilang la 1 mutiara drpd alamin yek, dia dah nk g MRSM, hmm yup btol2, We go to Jannah because of Allah's mercy, dengan rahmat Allah

Muhammad Mu'az said...

salam, afiq hakimi. wow! it is really2 tough. but, if dat is the best decision dat u zan get after u did the istikharah, so juz go wif it. ALLAH know which is the best for his hamba.

but, it really2 hard to let friend away. but, perjuangan mesti diteruskan. apepown, ade ms lg tuk wat kptsn. istikharah byk2 lg. ;)

Muhammad Mu'az said...

*ops! can

Afiq Hakimi said...

[to Isyraf]

Mutiara? Alhamdulillah...tapi ada ramai lagi yang lebih baik dari ana...macam nta..
Semoga kita semua dapat rahmat Allah..

[to Mu'az]
InsyaAllah Allah akan bantu nta Mu'az, ana pasti ada ramai lagi yang lebih baik boleh menggantikan ana. InsyaAllah kita akan sama-sama meneruskan perjuangan...ana akan buat istikharah lagi.